So yes, after watching a very inspiring video on permaculture and realizing the huge problems that we are facing today in terms of our unsustainable ways of producing food I felt the urge to contribute a little to solve this problem and see if I can grow my own food. But where? since I leave in the middle of Stockholm in a rented student apartment.
Urban agriculture, is increasingly becoming a topic that people are familiar with and in some places it is becoming quite trending as well. But in the majority of cases the number of people that really practice it is very low. Those that do, is because they have either their own allotment or enough space in their back yard or garden where they can grow their own food.
So, since I don't have niether an allotment nor a big back yard I decided together with my wife to use the space in our own 56 2m apartment and grow whatever we can. Of course we do not thinking that in our tiny apartment we will be able to be self sufficient, but if we grow at least 1 or 2 products that we normally consume we would be quite satisfied.
On the other hand if I picture myself and my wife in a decade or so owning our own house with a back yard in which we will definitely have the space to grow more things, then why wait till then to start doing so. So lets say that above all this is a learning experience. One that I hope I will be able to share with others.
We will se how it goes ... I will keep you posted ...
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment